[plug] Telnet and FTP

Brian Tombleson brian at ParadigmIT.com.au
Thu Mar 22 10:58:26 WST 2001

Other people have had a crack at the other one, I think I can help on this
one.

> FTP will connect but it takes about a minute to get through.
> Anyone have any ideas? do you want to see me hosts.allow, hosts.deny and
> inetd.conf files?
> Kai

Most likely scenario is that your name resolution is timing-out before
accepting the connection.

Try putting an entry in /etc/hosts for each machine that you're telnetting
in from.

If you're getting telnets from across the 'net and having the same problem,
make sure you DNS (named) is configured correctly.

HTH.

- Brian.