[plug] database query

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Fri Mar 23 08:10:33 WST 2001

> Certainly they can, but (correct me if I'm  wrong) not with the Access
> database as-is.  They'll need to convert it to another format and probably to
> write a bit of code to access it  from the web server.

It could be used as-is.  You'd need an ODBC driver for Linux (of which
there are at least two, UnixOBDC and iOBDC; see
http://www.jepstone.net/FreeODBC).  This will enable your Linux database
application (written eg. in Perl using its DBI module) to talk to your
Access database over the network.

--
Independent consulting solicitor* | _ .__ ._ _    |\/| _.| _ _ |._ _
and technology consultant.**    \_|(/_|(/_| | |\/ |  |(_||(_(_)|| | |
* http://www.ilaw.com.au ** http://www.terminus.net.au jm at ilaw.com.au