[plug] append problem

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Mar 23 12:47:33 WST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, garry wrote:

> When I add append="hdc=scsi" to the lilo.conf file and then run lilo, I get
> an error :         Syntax error near line 28 in file /etc/lilo.conf.

Odd. Syntax looks fine. I'll try it ...

Same error if the line is last in the lilo.conf, but OK if I move the line
higher in the file. Hmmm .... ah yes! Its illegal in the "other" section.
So its not a syntax error at all. Its in the wrong context.

You can put the 'append' at the top, as a default, or on a particular
'image' section.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--