[plug] UNSUBSCRIBE

Mike erazmus at wantree.com.au
Fri Mar 23 14:01:53 WST 2001

At 01:38 PM 23/3/2001 +0800, you wrote:

>I never claimed to be "a policeman to go about punishing people" (which,
>btw, policement don't actually do anyway).  I simply suggested a way
>that people who feel the same way as I do could release a bit of
>frustration and, at the same time, just possibly help to make it clear
>in someone else's mind that posting UNSUBSCRIBE to the list does not
>work.

This is why its stupid - actually I'll put it another way - not
particularly clever. The result is obvious, retaliation leads
to escalation.

The smarter thing to do is to ignore it and leave it alone to the
list admin, pressing the delete button must entail less effort
for you then suggestion a negative course of action. The helpful
thing to do is to email the person directly with a polite instruction.

The impolite and stupid thing to do is to suggest the list as a whole
email someone you don't know retaliation.

Mike
PS: BTW Police do punish others - in a police state and that is the
sort of activity congruent with your approach.