[plug] unsubscibe (newbie's perspective)

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Mon Mar 26 10:24:42 WST 2001

Ari said:

> I think it would be a VERY good idea to have a one sentence "to
>be removed from" line with the CURRENT plug list remove/subscribe
>email included in that single sentence.

I agree with you here Ari. At present there are any number of reasons (good
and bad) why a person may end up sending unsub requests to the main list.
(Which then generates a cascade of responses which personally annoys me
_far_ more than the original requests :-).

If a one line sig was added then suddenly 99.9 % of the excuses for doing
this disappear and list members will actually have a valid reason for
responding a little tersely if they should be so inclined.

As a % of traffic it would be small. If bandwidth is such a real issue
(which I suspect it isn't) there are plenty of ways to reduce it. eg by not
starting a flame war when someone makes a mistake, by trimming replies a
little more vigilantly etc etc.

cheers,

Dave.