[plug] Mailman goodness (was: unsubscibe ATTN: LIST OWNER)

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Mon Mar 26 11:31:12 WST 2001

	Maybe you are all missing the point.

	Maybe you should consider why people are unsubscribing? :)

	From:	The Thought Assassin <assassin at live.wasp.net.au> on
26-03-2001 11:23 AM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Re: [plug] Mailman goodness (was: unsubscibe ATTN:
LIST OWNER)

	On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, James Andrewartha wrote:
	> Mailman only processes unsubscribe requests to the list-request
	> alias. Messages that appear to be admin requests sent to the main
list
	> address get held by the mailing list for the list owner to approve
(if
	> it's not a request) or deny (and send a short message explaining
where to
	> send requests)

	This is a good idea in general. We'd need to decide whether we can
stomach
	the transmission delays, (not so important, since it would be a rare
	occurrence) and the admin workload. (much more important, since
failed
	unsubscription is an unfortunately common occurrence)

	-Greg Mildenhall

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com