[plug] Free CD linux - any good ?

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Mar 29 22:43:33 WST 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Peter Wright wrote:

> As others have stated, no, there isn't. Mandrake is one of those distros
> that have decided to specifically say "stuff the low end" and go all out

Actually Peter, in 2001, the "low end" mostly means pentiums. The 486s
have long ago gone to the dump, except some laptops such as the one that
started this thread. I'd be surprised if a mainstream distro would
sacrifice much for 486 support.   pIIs/celerons are getting old now, and
plain pentiums are positively ancient. They still make good servers
though.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--