[plug] wishlist please.

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 31 20:06:32 WST 2001

I am starting on doing the research as to what to upgrade my present
destop system with.  This is a K6-400 which acts as the gateway/server
for the home network including mail, web, firewall etc plus being my
desktop machine using kde.  Its currently running Mandrake 7.2.
Intensive applications include VMware, StarOffice and audio processing.

So the questions are Duron or T'bird and what motherboard.  Game ability
is probably not important (as long as I can keep #1 son off it!) but
grunt for audio processing is - some of the 2Gbyte files currently take
5-7 hours to process!

The new "bits" will go in my present machine, the old bits go into my
sons etc., so I am not looking at a whole machine.

BillK