[plug] imac

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Tue May 1 15:26:37 WST 2001

Hi russ,

Quick answer:
- Install Netatalk -- http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/
- Install Samba -- http://au1.samba.org/samba/samba.html
(Samba and Netatalk come bundled with most distros)
- Configure Netatalk and Samba to share a single (ie the same) public
or shared directory - Point your Win98 and iMac machines to that public
directory and Bob's your father's brother.

I've had precisely this kind of setup (on Debian) serving several Mac and Win
machines seamlessly for a while now with no probs.

Regards,
Steve