[plug] Not strictly linux ...

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue May 1 22:30:51 WST 2001

Hi Jeremy,
	had a play and this is interesting!  Do you have a refence to using
losetup in this way other than the man/info pages?.  Appears that the
Mandrake 7.2 version supports only xor though I have blowfish installed
separately so I would like to get more info and enable this.  Also there
appears to be potential to use bzip (or other compressor) in a similar
fashion to compress the contents instead of/or as well as encrypt them.
If practical, this would give a good alternative to virtualCD which is
very handy under windoze due to its compression ability - allows more
data to be transparently stored/served up from a given HD space.

BillK