[plug] Perl cgi scripts

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Wed May 2 15:50:59 WST 2001

 From seeing that error I would say something has that file open (but don't
know why it
would happen from a boot).

Instead of putting a print command in (which is basically relocking and
unlocking the file
in whatever editor you use) does moving and replacing the file fix it?  Or
copying it, deleting,
putting back?  If that is the same as putting print in it's surely
something locking the file.

Does running 'lsof' when the file is busy show that file anywhere?  If so
you can find
out what is hogging it and hopefully discover how to unlock it from boot.

I have experienced similar when an editor didn't close a file gracefully
and I had to move
it out and back over itself to fix it.

Similar thing listed here:
http://www2.real-time.com/tclug-list/2000/Apr/msg00269.html

If it is a specific Perl thing (I doubt it) the guys at www.perlmonks.org
will nut it out very
quickly for you.

The code looks fine to me - as long as you use the CGI module most people
will be
happy with what you write ;)

Ryan