[plug] RPM version

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Thu May 3 15:12:25 WST 2001

>I think your right.  Have a look in the updates, I think you will find both
>there for RH6.2
>
>On Thursday 03 May 2001 07:49 am, Kevin Shackleton wrote:
>> skribe wrote:
>> > Upgrade RPM.
>>
>> The problem seems to be that you need a new RPM.RPM to install the new
>> RPM.  Or is there a 'transitional' RPM.RPM?
>>
>> K.

I think the transitional rpm you want is 3.0.5-9.6x.i386.rpm. At least that
gets rid of the " Version 3 required " type messages and may even be
sufficient for your  rpm needs by itself (unless you're particularly after
new rpm 4 features). From memory 4 requires some new lib rpms too, but I
could well be wrong here.

cheers,

Dave.

  David Griffiths                             griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection          Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia