[plug] re opening linuxconf

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Thu May 3 22:03:22 WST 2001

I think Brian has this one sussed.

As an aside, when you say you changed permissions on the file, do you mean that
you made /sbin/linuxconf executable by other than root?  If so, I'd change it
back.   Log on as a non root user always, and when you want to run linuxconf,
type
su -
to temporarily change to root.  Do the config, then exit back to the non root
user.

Running linuxconf as non root will cause problems.

Alan