[plug] re opening linuxconf

NVT Australia greg at nvt.com.au
Thu May 3 22:10:35 WST 2001

thanks Brian

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Tombleson [mailto:brian at paradigmit.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 10:00 PM
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] re opening linuxconf

> > Whilst exiting linuxconfig there was nunmerous error messages about the
> > revision date being in the future?

Check the date/time on your machine (man date).  an incorrect date/time can
cause some funny errors.

Of course, it could be because when you installed you selected the wrong
option of whether your system click was set to GMT or not.   redhat is a bit
annoying like that.  If you set it to the wrong one (and I can't remember
which one), it pre-dates file time-stamps and then linuxconf spits lots of
noise on exit.  It's just noise, but it's annoying.

Also of note: Do not use linuxconf to configure sendmail.  In fact, I'd
recommend not using it at all and learning where the real configuration
files are that linuxconf read/writes to and what the full extent of your
options are.

 Just my $0.02 worth.

- Brian.