[plug] CUPS and pdf

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Fri May 4 16:51:39 WST 2001

Has anyone had any luck printing pdf files using CUPS?

I've tried using the pdf viewer that comes with kde 2.1 and xpdf (I haven't
got a ps printer).  Neither allow me to print successfully.  This is what my
logs say:

PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Couldn't read xref table
Empty print file!

I'm using cups-1.1.6-10.1.mdk on Mandrake 7.2.  I've been trying to avoid
installing acrobat.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

We prefer to speak evil of ourselves rather than not speak of ourselves at
all.