[plug] CUPS and pdf

Mark mark at omninet.net.au
Fri May 4 17:25:57 WST 2001

skribe wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck printing pdf files using CUPS?
>
> I've tried using the pdf viewer that comes with kde 2.1 and xpdf (I haven't
> got a ps printer).  Neither allow me to print successfully.  This is what my
> logs say:

Have set up CUPS for my wife to print over our home network.
Using the same version of Mandrake... thats 7.2 Odyssey 2.2.17-21 kernel
Kde release 2.
I also upgraded to the latest version of Cups cups-1.1.6-10.1.mdk.

I can either drag the pdf onto the printer icon or select pages via the
viewer within
the file manager and print from xpdf to a *.ps file and do the same.

So it is possible.

Which version of ghostscript are you running

Mark