[plug] Two obscure problems

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Mon May 7 14:53:29 WST 2001

Simon Scott wrote:

>         Move one of the cards to a different slot

> First, how to disable a PCI device from being allocated an IRQ that it is
> sharing with something else.  Windows can share IRQs but Linux can't
> apparently and I have video and ethernet on-board that are sharing IRQ 4.

That's the problem with "on-board", you can't switch slots.  And it
won't let me go into the BIOS for some reason I can't determine.  I'll
try taking the battery out.

--
Independent consulting solicitor* | _ .__ ._ _    |\/| _.| _ _ |._ _
and technology consultant.**    \_|(/_|(/_| | |\/ |  |(_||(_(_)|| | |
* http://www.ilaw.com.au ** http://www.terminus.net.au jm at ilaw.com.au