[plug] NVidia GeForce2 MX on Debian 2.2 r3

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu May 10 12:59:31 WST 2001

garry wrote:

> Anyone had success, know any good references?
>
> It doesn't seem to want to talk to the AGP card, even though it lists the
> (maybe PCI) NVIDIA cards.
>
> XFree86 4.03 is out unstable, will look into it to see if it supports it, and
> report success for those interested.

It works great on my system (Deb 2.2r3 with bits of Unstable). I can't remember
exactly what I had to do to get it working, but I did compile my own kernel
(with the gart stuff), grabbed NVidia's own kernel module and installed it, and
merged NVidia's X stuff in.

Actually, just re-read your mail - I'm using XFree86 4.02, not 4.03 - but the X
modules are supposed to work with 4.01 and later, I think.

The trickiest part was plugging the NVidia X stuff into Debian's X dir
structure. Consisted more of renaming existing GL-related files so they didn't
clash.

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :