[plug] pgsql_perl5 compile problem

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu May 10 15:47:41 WST 2001

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Denis Brown wrote:

> Dear PLUG members,
>
> I have perl 5.004_04 and postgreSQL 7.0.3 on a Debian (GNU/Linux 2.1 with
> security patches applied as they come to hand) box, with the ultimate aim
> of using Apache's mod_perl to access pgsql databases.  Both perl and
> postgres appear to have compiled okay so now I would like to add
> pgsql_perl5 (version 1.9.0) so that I can access the database functionality
> through perl.  The environment variables POSTGRES_LIB and POSTGRES_INCLUDE
> are correctly set.  The "perl Makefile.PL" command goes okay (no
> errors).  However a subsequent "make" operation returns, along with the
> usual informational lines...

<snip>

This maybe a silyy question but why not use the .debs ???
I have:
libdbd-pg-perl
libecpg3
libpgperl
libpgsql2.1
libpgtcl
task-database-pg

That gives me postgres and the perl dbi interface to postgres.  I don't know
anything about mod_perl BUT I shoul imagine that if DBI works then mod_perl
will as well.

Sorry if I'm missing the point.

Yours Tony.

/*