[plug] Mail to generic aliases...

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Thu May 10 16:25:27 WST 2001

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 04:05:18PM +0800, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Does exim (or any other mail agent) support handling wildcard-based mail
> usernames by an arbitary script? Ok, I'm sure some do, it's just a case of ease
> of implementation.

qmail sends mail addressed to joe-*@host.domain to joe at host.domain.
There is a mechanism where joe can have separate .qmail files for each
alias: eg ~/.qmail for joe@, ~/.qmail-foo for joe-foo@ etc, (plus a
.qmail-default I think).  This is not quite what you wanted, note the
'-' between joe and foo, but may be close enough.

The author intended this for users to manage their own mailing lists.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
BOFH excuse #64: