[plug] Keysigning Party

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Fri May 11 16:36:49 WST 2001

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 03:49:56PM +0800, skribe wrote:

> A keysigning party will be held at the next problem-solving meeting (May
> 28th). Those interested will need to register to participate.  You can
> register or find out more details at:

Cool idea... I probably won't be able to come but I'll see how it goes.

Also, just curious...  maybe it's because it's late on a Friday
afternoon and I'm exhausted, but I don't quite see the point of
attendees being required to register first.  It would seem that since
the registration over the web is entirely unauthenticated and arbitrary
it is more likely to lead to confusion and even possibly attacks.  Since
the information on the hand-out of registered attendees is vulnerable to
errors (deliberate or otherwise), wouldn't it just be easier and simpler
for attendees to copy down the appropriate details for each key (ID,
Name, Email address, Fingerprint), check the photo ID and go from there?
I assume that this arrangement is widely accepted though so there is
probably a reason for it so... what is it? :-)

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C