[plug] DVD Player

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Mon May 14 09:33:20 WST 2001

Theodor Gutmann wrote:

> Hi all,
>           could anyone give me a web site to download a functional  DVD
> Plauer for my  SUSE7.1 Linux system??
> Thankx: Theo

While the de facto project for DVD seems to be OMS from linuxvideo.org (which
seems down currently?), I highly recommend giving Xine a try:
   http://xine.sourceforge.net
You need a plugin to handle DVD encryption, but this is the most functional
Linux DVD player I've seen yet! Playback is smooth (depending on system, of
course), and even subtitles work (although there's sometimes palette issues)!
They're still working on menu support though...

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :