[plug] Relaxed ISO9660.... is it possitble?

Ambrose Scafidi scafidi at iinet.net.au
Mon May 14 14:28:23 WST 2001

Howdy,
	Bit of a query regarding burnt CDR's. I do all of my burning on a Win32
machine using Ahead softwares 'Nero'. This burning software allows for
relaxation of a certain number of iso9660 'restrictions', things such as
extended filenames and extended directory depths, ascii character set and
the like.

Now for the most part I have had little problem in reading these disks
within a RH7.0 platform. But there are a number of disks that present
themselves with full directory structure, but apparently unreadable
filenames.( they come up as a whack of "???????" type things).

Is there any way to get RH7.0 to fully read these disks? What about the
Joliet 'file system' , any way of accessing that? and I suppose the final
query, what sort of CDR burning software is there for the Linux platform?

In Zeros and Ones,
	Ambrose