[plug] web access to PostgreSQL

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Thu May 17 19:57:01 WST 2001

Jason wrote:

> Perl all the way dude

Python all the way dude

> Its easy and fast. Very few gotchas. Plenty of pre-existing code
> snippets and libraries to use.
> <snip>

Its "easier" and fast. Very few gotchas. Plenty of pre-existing code
snippets and libraries to use.

> Just to show that substituting Perl with PHP in Simon's message
> is equally as
> valid. People are going to promote both languages because they
> are both good.
> In my opinion however, why bother learning PHP which is more
> limited to web
> applications rather than Perl that can be used for almost anything!

You can now use PHP with GTK to write desktop programs so I wouldn't say it
is just for web apps. Well at least that is what the developers of PHP are
trying to tell us. But lets not turn this thread into a language war !!!!

Michael Hunt
An Aussie in Africa