[plug] New Linux Nvidia drivers

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Mon May 21 11:23:54 WST 2001

Carl Gherardi wrote:

> These aren't pointed to throught the linux drivers section of the nvidia
> site so heres the url
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/Products/OpenLinuxDwn.nsf/xfree86_40downloadmain?OpenPage

Other than having to specify the use of AGPGART in the XFree config file (using
the NvAGP var - RTFM), upgrading to these went fairly smoothly, and I'm now
getting an extra 10FPS from Quake3 (800x600, max other settings except 16bit
textures, on a 32MB GF2MX, I get around 65fps on demo001). It's also fixed a
few other problems, too.

Apparently, they also support some of the new GF3 features (before any Windows
drivers)...

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :