[plug] DNS problem - named.conf and zone file

Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au
Thu May 24 14:20:47 WST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Dean" <paul at canningcollege.wa.edu.au>
Subject: Re: [plug] DNS problem

> Have you set your named.conf file "forwarders" to the "master" DNS and
> yours as "slave"?
>
> See `man 8 named`

No I haven't - I have set them to our local ISP's name servers.  The parent
DNS domain is much further away - distance and network wise.  I was under
the impression that this was only to accelerate unresolved queries outside
the domain anyway, since they would likely be resolved out of the ISP
nameservers cache.  Is this not correct?