[plug] Oracle

garry bigbadbill at dingoblue.net.au
Mon May 28 01:58:34 WST 2001

Oracle (this may still be the case) were giving away copies of their software
for non profit use. This is for learning about Oracle. Once you want to use
it for a commercial purpose you must pay for it.

I have been sent copies of 8.1.6 I think, and WebDB v2.2. Zero cost.
>From memory it was through the technet.oracle.com site, but I'm not sure.

I found out about this by visiting the Oracle office on Kings Park Rd in West
Perth.

They run courses there, but the courses cost an arm etc, being directed to
business IT types in large companies..

HTH

Garry.