[plug] Oracle

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Mon May 28 12:00:02 WST 2001

And for a complete install, weighing in at a massive 2.5 Gigs... 9iAS
Enterprise edition.

There are apparently some smaller installs: 300 odd meg for just the
Apache listener, 1.5 gig or so for a standard install, and as above.
The Standard and Enterprise I think both have a copy of Oracle 8.1.7
database which is the database cache layer. AusOUG (Australian Oraclue
User Group) did a presentation on this last Wednesday.

New version: 1.0.2.2 was released last week. The older version, 1.0.2.0
is based on Apache 1.3.12 (around a year old). It also has Apache JServ,
which I through had been abandoned in favour of Tomcat by the Apache
Foundation, for doing Servlets.

Hope that helps,
  James

--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.rcpt.to/~james

       * *  C u in Bordeaux - 1st Debian Conference, July 2001 * *
 Remainder moved to http://www.rcpt.to/~james/james/sig.html