[plug] Please Help

Rebel rebel69 at dingoblue.net.au
Tue May 29 22:03:40 WST 2001

Hi I an quite new to Linux and am growing to love it :) I have a bit of a prob ,I have just installed Linux Mandrake 8 I had a problem during the install when the install prog got to "configuring X the pc locked up upon reboot I logged in at the prompt ok when I tried "Xconfigurator " it locked again ,so I updated my Linux Mandrake 7.2 version again it locked up when it came to configure X.On a reboot it started a very nice Kde desktop ok .I started to have a play and found my cdrom drives locked .I Su'ed to root and found the /mnt/cdrom and /mnt/cdrom2 directories still locked and I could not access the How do I change these permissions  I have tried as root but can't .Does any one have any thoughts please if not I will have to go back to my trusty 7.2 version :(

Thanks
Steve