[plug] RH7.1 kernel rebuild boot problem

Phillip Steege psteege at tpg.com.au
Wed May 30 15:48:43 WST 2001

Sorry I forgot to add that to the initial email.
Yes I did the following order:
cd /usr/src/linux (using 2.4.2-2 kernel)
make mrproper
make menuconfig
make dep
make clean
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
cp /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/mykernel-2.4.2-2
vi /etc/lilo.conf (edited for new kernel)
ran lilo.conf (no problems)

No errors anywhere, until I reboot and it says "uncompressing kernel" and
stays there.