[plug] bare bones linux for Pentium 100 with 32mb ram

Shane Short shorty at matrix.net.au
Thu Nov 1 17:25:45 WST 2001

or just use debian? :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Scott [mailto:Simon.Scott at flexiplan.com]
Sent: Thursday, 1 November 2001 4:16 PM
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] bare bones linux for Pentium 100 with 32mb ram

	Do what I do, install RedHat with everything deselected, login as
root, type rpm -qa |less, alt-F2 and login again, and just start 'rpm -e'ing
everything in sight.

	Redhat installs a lot of junk by default, including SENDMAIL.
Assholes.

	You should be able to get it down to 30-40 packages before the
system starts to become unusable :)