[plug] [OT] Sparc2 SIMMs

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Nov 5 12:36:09 WST 2001

At 08:43 AM 11/05/2001, you wrote:
> > Has anyone got any SIMMs to suit a Sparc2 4/75 ?
> > That'd be the ones without the Blundies footprint and the dust puppy lint ?
> > :-) I have my partner using Framemaker in 32Meg. It rocks .. once it loads
> > :-}
>
>I have some sort of ancient SparcStation at home being used as a table :-)
>'cos I can't find the input peripherals. Huge thing, 1m cube-ish, sounds like
>a jet engine, with literally hundreds of 32pin SIMMS if those are what you
>need. Its got a grand 2Gig internal HDD *grin* but the multiple external wide
>scsi connectors are *scary*.
>
>Of course, if you know where to get obsolete nonstandard (sun) input
>peripherals that'd be evern better since I WANT that thing set up just for
>cool value.

Ha. Groovy.

As one whose DNA has the (not yet documented) magpie gene, I wouldn't want
to see the box dismantled if you want to get it running. Doesn't the sun
site document what you need vis. prifrals ? When you say non-standard do
you mean non-PC ? I'm sure we could tweak something to get it running.

Cool in one respect. Might be a good room heater if you can turn the tellie
volume up a bit :)

cu
Harry