[plug] FTP Access

Aaron Ong/SIN/Lotus Aaron_Ong at lotus.com
Mon Nov 5 14:15:00 WST 2001

Hi,

I believe you might have done it already but just in case.

The default for ftp and telnet in Redhat is disabled for security reason,
and you have to go to /etc/xinetd.d/ directory and look for "telnet" or
"wu-ftpd" files and set "disable=no" (set to no - ie. allow, default is
yes - ie. disallow)

Best Regards

Aaron Ong

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001 22:36, Joel Fraser wrote:
> I am trying ot connect to my Redhat 7.0 box from my windows box and i
keep
> on getting this error:
>
> connecting to 192.168.0.11:21
> Connected to 192.168.0.11 port 21
> ! Receive error: Blocking call cancelled
>
> ! Connection failed 192.168.0.11
Could be the windows equivalent of "remote host closed connection" or
somesuch, check your /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny. Make sure your
firewall is open on port 21 & 20 as well. (Though generally you shouldn't
be
able to even connect to a firewalled port).