[plug] raid

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 5 15:44:05 WST 2001

The actual kernel patches are on RedHat somewhere.  They are sponsoring
the ide raid stuff.  Mandrake 8.1 has prebuilt modules for it so I
presume has already been patched, however the design is such that I
cannot install onto the array.  In the next couple of weeks I will be
installing an old 4.3g bigfoot as a boot disk and install mdk8.1, setup
the raid and then copy the software over (currently running as 2 single
60gb drives!).  With luck I will be able to do the boot stuff as well
and retire the bigfoot! According to some of the articles I have read,
the highpoint chip (or promise) can make a big difference, and even if
not up to scsi raid, look at the price!!!

BillK