[plug] e-smith anyone?

Craig Reynolds reynoldscraigr at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 15:47:09 WST 2001

I noticed the buy out a while back on their website. I find myself in the
position of wanting to limit the number of times the machine will attempt to
redial, say 6, and then having it stop trying to connect.

I have looked through the diald information and found a setting called
redial-limit or something similar (dont have it handy at the moment), but
this does not seem to work. I have also been told by someone that redhat
does not have the capability to do this, so do you happen to know if it is
possible, and if so, how to do it?

ATM I have set diald to only try every 10 minutes to limit the damage of not
being able to connect. Had to do this after been stung with iinet. The
machine spent a day trying to connect to them, which it couldn't because of
a mix up.

©raig ®eynolds
"Just Because this is never going to work is no reason to be negative!"