[plug] old binaries

Rob Dunne robd at anville.wa.cmis.CSIRO.AU
Tue Nov 6 09:36:37 WST 2001

Hi Anthony,
         thanks for sorting that out. I was too impatient
and just installed them -- for once it worked.

 > RedHat-6.2 came with:
 > ld.so-1.9.5-13.i386.rpm ; and
 > libc-5.3.12-31.i386.rpm
yes these are the ones I should have installed. I will remove
the ones I have installed and use these -- just incase there are
problems waiting for me

 > If you need the RPMS above you can get them from:
 > ftp://ftp.cantech.net.au/pub/Linux/RedHat/redhat-6.2/RPMS

yes -- this is what I should have done.

On a broader note -- why doesnt RH7.1 simply support older binaries?
It hardly seems reasonable that upgrade a system and then find that
programs in /usr/local/bin no longer work.

							bye
					rob

--
 Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 8 9333 6121     Tel: +61 8 9333 6178
 CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences
 http://matilda.vu.edu.au/~dunne  Email: Robert.Dunne at cmis.csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.