[plug] DebNewbie Q?

sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Tue Nov 6 18:41:49 WST 2001

Thanks for your advice Jeremy.
But I'm still stuck. Here's what I got:
(console 1)
postgres at debian:~$ psql
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
ERROR: mdopen: couldn't open /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_shadow:
Permission denied
(console 2)
debian:/home/sol# destroyuser sol
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
ERROR: mdopen: couldn't open /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_shadow:
Permission denied
destroyuser: database access failed.

And just for the record:
debian:/home/sol# ls -l /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_shadow
-rw------- 1 sol    postgres    8192 Nov    3    04:00
/var/lib/postgres/data/pg_shadow

Should I change the user back to postgres with suidregister and then
createuser sol?

Sol