[plug] raid

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Nov 7 04:48:39 WST 2001

On Tuesday 06 November 2001 01:47, Chris Griffin wrote:
> Thanks for the advice Craig. I take it the kernel version you refer to
> below is actually kernel-2.4.9-13 as on the latest RH 7.2 updates?
Don't know. I've been using custom built kernels for various reasons for
*ages* and I no longer use RedHat anyway.

If the RedHat version supports it, all well and good. Definitely try it out.
If not, you'll be able to get it working by building your own kernel.

Try out the redhat kernel update RPM first. I don't know what the modules are
called (no configure.help -ARRGGH) but they'll be in
/lib/modules/2.4.13/kernel/drivers/ide/
(I think).

'luck