[plug] DualHead/Multihead/TwinView whatever !!!

Craig Dyke grail at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 6 21:56:19 WST 2001

Hi Michael

While working at Gateway computers I heard alot of good reviews about the
predecessor, G450. Many drafts people who visited the store often would ask
if it was compatible with our computers because of its outstanding capabilities
and quality.

Only thing I might warn you about is that some flat screens require a DVI
connection. Not sure how important this is to you, but also in Gateway we
had to remind customers that our flat panels required one.

Hope that helps a little in the decision making :)

Michael Hunt wrote:

> Pluggers,
>
> I'm wanting to set-up a new dualhead system and I'm trying to decide between
> purchasing a Matrox G550 DualHead and Generic GeForce MX2 with Twinview.
> Does anyone have any experience with these two and can share their
> experience with me. I have had a G200 and G400 in the past and have been
> impressed by the quality of there cards, however I do remember someone
> expressing doubts about the G550 and the GeForce is cheaper with 32mb more
> RAM.
>
> If you could buy your ultimate Dualhead set-up what would you get (I'm
> planning on sticking at flat panel on one and a 19 inch on the other).
>
> Michael Hunt

Craig Dyke
Position: Night Shift Consultant
Email:    grail at iinet.net.au