[plug] Traffic Monitoring

Luke Dudney plug at goa-trance.org
Thu Nov 8 11:28:46 WST 2001

If you're using RRD as your logformat then you can do this. (I recommend
you do if you've got some time to figure out the god-forsaken Reverse
Polish Notation that rrdgraph uses for its arithmetic).

Just change the step of the .rrd to something like 120 instead of 300,
and update your crontab to run mrtg every two minutes
You'll want to resize your RRAs too, as now your rows will be filled up
quicker as you're inserting new data more often.

--
Luke
As a child I could walk on the ceiling. I had butterflies up on the walls.