[plug] OT: UPS

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Nov 9 12:54:24 WST 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:22, Ben Jensz wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Wondering if anyone can recommend a decent brand (or even model) of UPS?
> Something in the range of 800Va to 1kVa is probably what I'd be looking
> for, preferably rack mountable (it doesn't absolutely have to be though).
> I'd prefer one that runs off of the battery all of the time, rather than
> one that switches across on power failure.
Don't know about specific models, or what they're like now, but the old
ProPower UPS we've got here has been protecting the servers from when we had
one 386 (cutting edge) and has survived being buried in dust, not being
maintained for years, etc. We have had to replace the cells once, but that
wasn't too bad, and the darn thing is indestructable. If they still make
hardware this good...