[plug] Wget

Bernard bernard at blackham.com.au
Fri Nov 9 21:15:19 WST 2001

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 12:08:46AM +1100, Joel Fraser wrote:
> I would like to know if i ssh into a remote machine and start getting
> files via wget and then log out before the download finishes will it keep
> downloading.

Joel,

In my experience, no. When you log out, bash kills all it's child`
processes, like it or not. Instead you might want to look at
screen(1) - you can start a program like wget in a virtual virtual
terminal, and if you lose your connection, things will still run in
the background until you bring it up again. man screen for details.

Regards,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham