[plug] [OT] Ferral Politics

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Fri Nov 9 22:49:08 WST 2001

>         WRITE "TAMPA" ACROSS THE TOP OF THE BALLOT PAPER ON ELECTION DAY.
>
>         DO NOT OBSCURE ANY OF THE BOXES RECORDING YOUR VOTE.
>
> So long as this is done, the extra word will NOT invalidate your vote

True

But don't waste your time. Votes are counted at the polling booth after
the close of the poll. The scrutineers present couldn't give a rat's
about any messages as the only thing they are interested in is the count
and the distribution of preferences. After running a booth for 12 hours
before counting starts, we couldn't care less either. The vote is either
formal or informal.

How do I know this? Because I have been working in polling booths for
nearly 30 years.

> PLEASE SHOW YOUR CONCERN ON ELECTION DAY, AND SEND A MESSAGE.

Don't bother. Do something constructive instead.

Alex Polglaze