[plug] Accessing the net via my firewall

Russ Pitman rpitman at odyssey.apana.org.au
Sun Nov 11 16:27:40 WST 2001

I have set up an old pentium box to use as a firewall. The network has only
a workstation and the firewall at this stage, haven't even got ipchains
installed as yet,still testing :-)

	So far I can do mostly all things from the workstation. Run ppp to
logon etc,but when try to use a browser I get "cannot make a connection"
error.

	I -think- that I need a line/lines in inetd.conf to enable port 80,
/etc/services list two for www. one tcp another udp. Tried a couple but i
can't find a sample entry to show the complete syntax.

If this is the problem could someone point where to look or show a sample?

Otherwise any suggestions appreciated.

Running Debian potato Kernel version 2.2.19pre17 on the 'firewall' and 2.4.9
on the workstation. I'll post all the configs and outputs if necessary

Thanks

--