[plug] smb

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Wed Nov 14 09:38:42 WST 2001

On the topic of Samba and Win2K... does Samba work with Win2K to the extent
that Win98 does.. as in can you do domain logons (PDC functionality) and the
like to serve Win2K pro clients.  I currently do that with a network of
Win98 machines using plain text passwords, but we are going to be getting a
whole of new computers soon and I'm thinking of getting Win2K on them for
the added stability.  I'm guessing that I'd have to revert to using
encrypted passwords on teh Samba server.  Anyone?

TIA. :)

/ Ben