[plug] iinet and spam

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Fri Nov 16 14:35:40 WST 2001

I've been with IINet for about 4 years (started with Wantree before they
"merged") and they don't have much spam come through, however this is
changing. I have noticed a slight increase in spam, but nothing a rude
letter and the threat of bouncing the email back from every mail server
I administer can't handle :)
What I am impressed with IINet mail system is how it handles other
domains a use rmay have registered. I own the Diskworld.com.au domain,
but don't have a static IP to attatch it to. They offer a service where
the mail server for diskworld is mail.iinet.net.au and it is then
delivered to port 25 on my mail server, which has a dynamic IP, when I
check my iinet email account. Thus I can maintain my own mail server
without having to fork out for a static IP.
This is a much nicer service than others I've seen that use fetchmail.

I'd still like a static IP though :)

Adrian