[plug] iinet and spam

Glen Lewis kisa at kisa.com
Fri Nov 16 18:34:10 WST 2001

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Adrian Woodley wrote:

Question: One of my engineers suggested a product whereby we would
provide a IPSec or PPTP tunnel to a fixed IP address for both iiNet and
other ISP clients.  The tunnel would cost around $10/month per IP address,
and we would charge usual bandwidth fees.  The _real_ benefit of this is
for Linux users who could create a permanent tunnel to the server and have
a fixed IP address for the purpose of getting email, etc - i.e.: an A
record.

You could then set up your routing table to push all your usual traffic
down your "unlimited dialup link" and have the fixed IP address there just
looking after your email.  This may be particularly useful for Bigpond
ADSL customers, whereby Telstra charges huge amounts for fixed IP's and
the like.

Do you think people would be interested in such a product?

Glen