[plug] iinet and spam

Bernard bernard at blackham.com.au
Sat Nov 17 10:12:22 WST 2001

Glen,

Another possibility is the equivalent for web hosting - As a
compromise between hosting on an ISP machine or a personal server,
would it be feasible to set up a caching service (http accelerator)
where say www.mydomain.com refers to a http accelerator at an ISP
and it would either serve up cached static files or otherwise fetch
them from the client's machine elsewhere. Hence saving the client
some bandwidth but still able to serve their own dynamic content if
need be. Am I making any sense?

Technically I'm sure it's possible, and I would probably sign up for
such a service at a reasonable price. It'd be particularly useful for
clients on permanent but low bandwidth 56k connections.

Regards,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham