[plug] Uni Course - UWA or Curtin?

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Sat Nov 17 16:44:24 WST 2001

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 04:03:42PM +0800, R.Barnes wrote:
> It would be great to see some institution getting away from
> the ubiquitous MSOffice on a formal basis.

At Curtin most lecture notes are available in printed form or via the web in
PDF/HTML format. Unfortunately there are a couple lecturers that still insist
on *only* providing their notes in MS format (eg: MS Powerpoint).

As for what the students use for report writing etc.. the school doesn't
really care. StarOffice is installed on the linux boxes and MS Office on the
NT machines. For me, LaTeX all the way and of course it's installed on the
linux boxes ;)

Later,

Jason Nicholls