[plug] Laptops and sound

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 18 19:56:01 WST 2001

I'm not an expert on the module/drivers side of things, but ALSA is a better
sounding system. OSS is the older sound system and is *gradually* being
phased out in favour of ALSA, although OSS might still be better in terms of
support.

If you can get another sound card for a laptop, SB Live! cards are heavily
supported due to the overwhelming usage of them and they certainly sound
nice. If you can't get the card out of there, maybe you could disable it in
BIOS somehow?

seeya then! :)
anarchist tomato